Moving to Inclusion Mentors have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in a sport and physical activity context in relation to protected characteristics, under-represented groups and marginalised communities. Thes Mentors play a key role in facilitating, mentoring, and coaching sports organisations to continually improve their equality, diversity, and inclusive practice. The Mentors will support the following:
- Helping organisations to review their self-reflection score sheet in a safe and honest way
- understanding of the organisational priorities following self-reflection
- development of the Continuous Improvement Plan
- links to external support e.g., equality partners, peer to peer, good practice communities.
- group discussions and peer to peer support
The UK Sports Councils will allocate Moving to Inclusion Mentors at their discretion.